Disclaimer

If you own the copyright to any of the pictures on this site and object to O.R.a.N. publishing your work, please contact and it will be removed.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, August 27, 2010

    Making the right turn

    san antonio

    Last year I ran my first half marathon in San Antonio.  I posted about it so I’m not going to rehash it in this entry.  I also ran my second half in Okoboji.  I remember saying after San Antonio that I have no desire to ever fun a full marathon.  It just felt insurmountable.  Something has happened since then.  I have no idea why but I have this desire to complete a full marathon.  Think it has to do the fact that there is something about completing a marathon.  I consider it a great accomplishment.  There is a reason that people tattoo 26.2 somewhere on their body after they complete one.

    At about the 10.8 mile part of the San Antonio race, the half marathoner turn left to finish off their 13.1 and the marathoners turn right for another 15.4.  I’ve decided to make that right turn.  It’s going to be tough but I love to challenge myself and I view a full marathon a tremendous challenge.  I view the race as the reward and the training as the work.  It’s going to be hard but nothing worth doing is easy.

    This blog will become my journal as how training is going. How my body is responding and more importantly how my mind is responding.  I look forward to documenting this journey in my life.  Hope my words can do this experience justice.

    No comments: