Disclaimer

If you own the copyright to any of the pictures on this site and object to O.R.a.N. publishing your work, please contact and it will be removed.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, January 1, 2010

    2009 in Review

    Boy a lot has happened over the past year.  I know you the reader sees a lot of these this time of year.  I’m going to give my spin on what I’ve seen over the past year.  It’ll end up being mediocre but then again I’m not the greatest writer (probably could tell by reading this).

    Family

    This year was really great for my family.  My oldest started 1st grade this year.  He and I are beginning to hold conversations now versus me ordering him around.  He is an interesting cat.  I love his take on things.  It keeps me young.

    His younger brother is 3 going on 15 now.  He has such an advanced view on life because of his older brother.  They will be partners in crime when they get older.

    My wife and I continue our journey together and it continues to be great.  I could write a whole lot more here but it wouldn’t do us justice.

    Me

    Lots of things happened this year.  I ran a half marathon in San Antonio.  It was as grueling as expected.  I went into it kind of hap-hazardly.  A friend of mine told me to run with him in it and I agreed for some reason.  The thought of running 13.1 miles continuously scared me to death especially since I’d never run more than a 6 mile distance in my life.  I found a Hal Higdon training program and stuck to it.  This experience taught me how to rely preparation.  John Wooden is famous for saying ‘Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.’  This became my rallying cry for this race.  I’ve applied this experience to all of the other aspects of my life.  Preparing for something only helps and never hurts.

    Goals for 2010

    I’ve made only one resolution for this upcoming year.  It is to write a blog article at least once a week about ‘whatever strikes a chord.’  I think I’ve figured out where ORaN fits in with my Facebook and Twitter pages.  Spent most of 09 trying to find it’s place and we’ll see how it transpires.  I hope you like it.

    1 comment:

    fitbyfaith said...

    I accidently found this blog through twitter and wow Ed, you are an exceLlent writer. Really enjoyed the various topics.